Thursday 4 March 2010

Redwood City

Redwood City is a little south of San Francisco, hence the picture of Alcatraz. You can't really tell, but that's the golden gate bridge in the background.

We visited Alcatraz on possibly the most beautiful day ever, which made it seem like a reasonably nice place to live. They are restoring the prisoners' gardens. Not what you expect on the Rock, but they're lovely.

On the mainland everyone seems to have an orange or lemon tree and the fruit was all ripe and delicious-looking. It made me think of our Manchester apple picking. Wish we could spend the winter picking oranges, too. Who knows, possible perk of global warming?

Thanks, Christina and Jo, for putting me up so nicely and helping me deal with banks and letting me hone my floor sanding skills on your new house. Turns out my skills could use some serious honing. Hope there's no permanent damage!

1 comment: