Friday 25 December 2009

Puerto Rico

I made it!

I didn't pick the best weekend for traveling. The last 4 miles to Dover took 2 hours because of all the trucks diverted to the ferry docks after the channel tunnel train breakdown. My 8 hour drive across France lasted more like 17, although that did include a couple of naps. My flight to JFK was cancelled, and my new flight through CDG was delayed so I missed the connecting flight to San Juan.

It wasn't all bad though. Thanks to Christine and Arlette for a lovely dinner when I finally got back to Geneva, and some great ideas of places to go. Then I got rerouted on Air France business class, which was very nice, and they put me up in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) overnight, which wasn't too shabby either. In the end I was well fed, well rested, and only a day late. Hope things work out as well for the rest of my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment